Friday, March 20, 2020

Two fold post: #KehilaKonnections and Vayakhel-Pekudei

I want to introduce you to my latest endeavor - an occasional (2-3 x/week) video series called Kehila Konnections.  I will be posting the short video on youtube with a prayer, poem or kavannah (intention). Something to remind us that we are a people who are linked spiritually as well as physically. Despite being required to social distancing, we are still a community. Kehila is the Hebrew for congregation and is more generally used for a Jewish community or structure. This is my contribution to the myriad ways folks are trying to keep  connected. 
  
I recognize that we all experience our Judaism differently. To celebrate our different paths I am asking you to send me suggestions for content - do you have a favorite prayer? Is there a passage from a book that you'd like me to share? Do you have questions that I can answer? I am open to all possibilities. 

The first one is called Ma Tovu - a song of community
The second is call Asher Yatzar – our bodies

If you like the videos, let me know and I can put you on my mailing list for notification when a new video is posted.

And now, for a brief word of Torah…
In this week’s Torah Portions, Parashat Vayakhel-Pekudei (Exodus 35:1 - 40:38), we are told that God’s presence is indicated by a cloud over the Mishkan (portable Tabernacle) by day.  In times such as these it is important that we do not feel alone, even if we are physically alone. If you are feeling lonely or panicked or hit by a wave of anxiety, breathe deeply and take a look at the clouds. Know that they are a physical manifestation of the metaphor of God’s presence. Breathe deeply and know that others are looking at the same clouds that you are, that you are one of a whole and not alone. My Jewish Learning has a good summary of the portion as well as several different Divrei Torah and other information.  


May this Shabbat contribute to the healing necessary in our world right now.
Wishing everyone a Shabbat of peace, love, happiness and health, health, health.

Shabbat Shalom,
Rabbah Arlene



No comments:

Post a Comment