Thursday, June 11, 2015

Inspiration of Prayer for Daily Life

This summer I am doing CPE - Clinical Pastoral Education - basically I'm training to be a Chaplain in a NH, Hospital, where ever one is needed.  To become a board certified Chaplain one needs 1600 hours of clinical and didactic training, usually done in units of 400 hours each. I am currently doing my second unit,  in a nursing home like my first unit was.

My fellow CPE interns are wonderful, 5 are from VTS, Virginia Theological Seminary, and one already out in the field awaiting ordination.  Actually, my first unit back in '08 was with VTS seminarians as well, but only 3 that time. As before, I am the only Jew.

Everyday at services one line in the Ashrei stands out to me in a way that it never has before.
It makes me appreciate our tradition  - how fortunate I am to be able to find inspiration and guidance for my daily professional life within my daily prayers.

More on this later...

סוֹמֵךְ יְיָ לְכָל הַנֹּפְלִים, וְזוֹקֵף לְכָל הַכְּפוּפִים

Strong support to all who fall, GOD raises up the humble and the lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment